Special rendering modes: Depth and Normal
- The previous cartoon shader has been extended to include 2 more modes, depth and normal.
- These are designed to use with Stable Diffusion ControlNet to provide a base for your AI images.
- A typical usecase is to setup your composition and poses for the actors in DanceXR and then use Stable Diffusion to generate detailed images with totally different characters and environments.
- Yes you can generate depth and normal map from any image in ControlNet but the rendered depth and normal maps are much more accurate than the generated ones, you can test it out yourself.
- When using the renderred depth and normal maps in ControlNet, be sure to select “none” as preprocessor since they don’t need any more processing.