Formation controls how the actors are layed out in the scene, it also provides convenient tools to reset actor positions.
In formation settings you can change the horizontal and verticle distances between actors, change their rotation (of individual) and orientation (rotation for the entire group as a whole)
A few different formation types to choose from:
- V Shape: Using both X Dist and Y Dist to place actors in a V shape
- A Shape: Using both X Dist and Y Dist to place actors in a A shape
- Line: In a horizontal line with X Dist as distance between actors
- Circle: Actors are placed on a circle with X Dist as radius and Y Dist as offset from the calculated position
- Zero: This option will set 0 offset and rotation for all the actors. This is useful for group dance motions where there are multiple motions and each are designed to work together.
- Fan Shape
Actors can be labelled as “Speactor” and they will then be grouped in a different formation that circles around the center of the stage.